Our Family's Journey with Christ

We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. See that no one repays evil for evil, but alway see after that which is good for one another and for all people. Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-16















Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunchtime Maddness

Will lunchtime ever be the same again....don't get me wrong, I love to spend time with the kids, but wow, what hard work!!! Getting it ready(while I have toddlers at my feet), getting to the table(without tripping over the toys at my feet), persuading them to eat it, keeping Eli from spilling his milk, or plate or whatever he can find to spill, keeping the food out of their hair, keeping it out of mine too, refillling milks, wiping up the messes and then comes cleaning them up and then back to the dishes....that is all I feel like I accomplish throughout the day is dishes, and I'm really not that great at that anyways! Good thing the baby is pretty easy going. That is a blessing. He is the easiest to feed at this point. I will be sad to see those days gone. All joking aside, this is a good day to be reminded of Job's suffering.....wow that would be a bad day. Always good to keep a little perspective. Come to think about it, someday I will miss all of this: the messes, the dishes, the little faces asking for more milkie! Something about that part of 1 Thesselonians 5:16  verse really hits home. "Rejoice always"   So with that I rejoice in you oh Lord, for today you alone,oh God are my salvation my refuge and my strength; my help in times of trouble, I thank you oh Lord for your faithfulness!
He always has a way to keep our thoughts in perspective. Keep praying that God will give you His perspective!!

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment